recomend me a new bivi bag guys......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

metriaclima

Mar 10, 2014
stonnall, staffordshire
just returning to bushcraft and I need a new bivi bag, rather embarrassed as I think I may have unwittingly sold my old ex army one with a load of fishing gear :eek: hoping to get out in the next few weeks and have always used a tarp and bivi bag, currently using snugpak sleeping bags but is there bivi bag any good? not fussed about fancy hooped bivi's as I've always made do with army surplus bivi's....... TIA

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
trying to maggot my way in and out of mine is sometimes maddening but i've woken in a puddle bone dry so it is worth the hassle

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I paid just over 30 on the Brazilian rain forest river site

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
trying to maggot my way in and out of mine is sometimes maddening but i've woken in a puddle bone dry so it is worth the hassle

I put a centre 31" centre zip in mine, compromises the waterproofing a little but I always use a tarp of some sort. Certainly cuts down on the old bivvy wiggle.

Bad pic but you get the idea...

044.jpg

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I have thought on it too but it gets used a lot without the tarp so i rely on the waterproofing side of it a lot

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Get the US MCSS goretex bivvy - I got mine from Amazon for about £20 and it is great, particularly as it fits me at 6'5'' in my Carinthia Defence 4, and has complete coverage rather than those with a hole for the face which rather defeats the purpose.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Another vote for the British Army bivvi bag. Very happy with mine. Only downside is how heavy it is. I may well upgrade to the alpkit hunka or the snugpak bivvi for when I want to go fast and light, and am not to worried about the camo.

J

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
I've got a Dutch army one with velcro side opening to make it easier to get in and out, not used in anger yet but probably get it's first outing next weekend. Not sure about the side opening arrangement though as it doesn't look like it would be particularly weatherproof, might be okay under a tarp though, but as said haven't tried it out properly yet....

Cheers, Paul

The Survivor

Nomad
Feb 1, 2013
On Earth
I am late, but any way.

If you have not already got one I would recommend looking into the alpkit bivvy bag, it is properly amazing and quite good value.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE