recipe for finishing wax

• Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
hi there,
I was wondering if anyone had a recipe for making the beeswax/carnauba finishing compound for wood (knife handles etc) that is often talked about. I have both beeswax (hard) and carnauba (the yoghurt like consistency stuff that leprevo sells), so any help would be appreciated. :)
Also how do you apply it??

thanks very much,

woodwalker

leon-1

Normally you use the hard wax (carnauba type) the solution is 1 part carnauba wax, 2 parts beeswax and 6 parts turpentine for a polishing paste.

The other option is to coat the wood with linseed oil, when dry use a solution of 1 part beeswax, 1 part linseed oil and 1 part turpentine to provide a satin type effect.

There is though no definitive way as such (each to thier own), I have before now used 1 part Carnauba, 2 parts beeswax, 2 parts linseed and three parts turpentine.

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.