I know there are some of use beyond the foreign language ones

I already have the `SAS survival guide`

any others I should get??

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
Spiders.

I bought it to identify a foreign looking spider I found at work. You'd be surprised to find that some spiders native to Britain are more venomous than certain types of tarantula (where's the ''worried'' emoticon? Can't find it.)

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Trees is excellant. Food for free is really good as well. For such small cheap books they pack alot of info. Most of them give a good general overview of a subject and some of them seem mini reprints of bigger books which is brill.

I dont like the mushroom or wild flowers one as there is not enough depth to be sure of what you have. The collins field guides are far better as they use nomenclature, so the subject is broken down into a logical chunks with keys. but they cost £15 rather than a £5.

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
Agree with the 'Trees' & 'Food for free'. I also have the 'Mushrooms' copy which is useful if you have a background knowledge, but not enough on its own to be 100% in ID.

I keep getting tempted by the 'Seashore' one and am only holding back as it doesn't state if a species is edible or not.

They are fab little books, and because of their size it is so easy to keep in the bottom of a bag so they are always with you.

j

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE