Really wet weather clothing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Arc'teryx Alpha SV in ProShell.
Awesome kit that I've had for years and still looks unscathed.
Stupidly expensive at the time but has been much tested and never found wanting.
Cheers , Simon

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Today i wore my ridgeline monsoon, the wind was blowing cold & hard, driving the rain in front of it, it was 0600, & i was walking my dogs across the fields before going to work. The jacket realy did work a treat, i was pleasantly warm, dry & windproof, so much so, i walked further than i should of !, then had to rush for work. But wearing the jacket made me smile as to how weatherproof i was, i suppose had anyone seen me, they'd of kept well clear of the "loony"walking his dogs in the driving rain & enjoying it !.

On my legs i wore an old pair of nylon over leggings & dunlop purefort wellies.

Rob

thereaper101

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2009
South Wales
Well i'm out morning and night with the dog, so i'm kitted with pair of muck boots, US ECWS goretex jacket and overtrousers. This does me ok, but water manages to get in sometimes.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Hill - Montane Superfly eVent and paclite overtrousers.

Woods and stalking - ridgeline roar - the old cuffs sadly that don't have the material over the neoprene, but other than that - bombproof

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have a Harkila Jacket and trousers I traded for. I looked up the price of them recently and nearly choked. I think I got the better end of that trade!

bullterrier

Forager
Feb 4, 2011
NZ
Swazi Wapiti and some generic breathable overtrousers. And Skellerup Hiker rubber ankle boots.

Interestingly - to me anyway - in Alaska and similar parts one of the popular makes for really foul weather is Helly Hansen Impertech - PU coated nylon, not breathable, just bomb proof. Cheap and hardwearing, worn by hunting guides etc in Alaska.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
If in the woods, around a static camp, then Barbour or other oilskin ( with the cotton lining removed ) over wool.
Gortex on the hills.
Best.
Cat.

Dano

Forager
Nov 24, 2005
UK
my new Barbour Crossfell (heavily reduced in a sale) or old faithful "dry as a bone"

for winter fishing I have a one peice flotation suit, waterproof but you dont want to wear it in anything more than freezing conditions, dont think you would want to walk the dog in one either

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
At this time of year my oilskin for fairly sedentary stuff or a voluminous wool duffel coat that keeps the rain out and breathes.

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
My Paramo Alta jacket and Aspira trousers. Always my first choice for really wet horrid days. Never let me down.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE