Really cheap self inflating mats

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
So pleased and surprised ...it keeps my 100kg frame hips off the floor when on side, and only £10

From "Trail" with or without inflatable pillow, same price via "This Is It" stores, on line.

Now bought two!

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Link? Or a name to google?
Sorry, the names were in the post, and "homesick steve" has just kindly posted a link?

From the website, for the other queries:

High-density PU memory foam
190T polyester moisture-resistant coating
Rolls up into a compact size
Roll strap and clip to secure it
Lightweight to easily carry
Size (cm): L186 x W53 x H2.5
Rolled up size: L56cm x D11cm

Last edited:

scarfell

Forager
Oct 4, 2016
south east
Was looking at these on ebay the other day, wandered what they mean by self inflating? (in the end i decided it meant "inflate it yourself" lol)

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Was looking at these on ebay the other day, wandered what they mean by self inflating? (in the end i decided it meant "inflate it yourself" lol)

..like buckets of others such as Thermarest.... open valve, unroll and wait. Close valve. As the "memory foam" within unrolls, it expands, drawing in air.

In practice, add a couple of breaths to ensure good and hard.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
..like buckets of others such as Thermarest.... open valve, unroll and wait. Close valve. As the "memory foam" within unrolls, it expands, drawing in air.

In practice, add a couple of breaths to ensure good and hard.

Adding breath adds moisture which hastens the demise of the mat....but we all do it....

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
The two inch thick one turned up today.
First impressions, it's a bit heavy and a bit big. Only ever going to able to roll it up along its length but that's due to the foam filling. It seems very well made and the material feels very sturdy. Once rolled up the integral straps and clips get it nice and compact.

The self inflate thing is a joke like similar claims from other mats. But I expected this and with a bit of puffing it inflates well.

Gave it a quick try on our hard wooden floor and nowhere did I feel the deck through it. It's incredibly comfy.

I have been a tree dweller for years now and fancied going back to the deck when the weather gets colder. I was almost resigned to spending an obscene amount on an exped mat but this might just fill a gap. It's never going to ha e the pack size or weight of the exped stuff but for less than a tenth of the price...

Thanks for the heads up. Will put up a proper review next time I get a woods pass.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE