Real coffee in the field

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
I have asked a friend about this in the past. He was an absolute coffee fiend. He has now given it up and drinks more booze instead (citing its less disruptive to his life).

I remember his tip when I asked him about taking coffee on a long hike.....

"I have in the past made lots of shots of espresso (or espresso corto) with a robust bean, place the shots in a 500ml PET bottle - half fill it. That will be about 10shots (250ml). I make sure I then pop it straight into the freezer (the coffee can oxidize very quickly and degrade once made). Once frozen I can either wrap it and pack it. Its good for a couple of days. Or freeze it, partially thaw it, pour off excess water (to concentrate it even more) then 3/4 fill film containers and freeze the crude oil thick coffee concentrate. I then have a rocket-fuel when I need it - in easy use containers. Just add hot water!

Please note: this coffee can wake the dead."

:)

I have not actually tried it. But he was a bit of pro....so I hope he was not full of :censored:

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
what a lot of fuse over nothing. If really wherre decerning you would be drinking tea, loose leaf (an Assam or Ceylon maybe) made in a tea pot. With a nice piece of home made cake or flapjack to boot.:D

hear! hear!!

More tea vicar? Yes, I'll have another slice of that Angel cake too. It was :censored: delicious!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
<gruffly> NO No NO

and I want no stones thrown....even.....and I want to make this absolutely clear....even if someone says ...Jehova

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE