RE8ELD0Gs Garden

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Its is not illegal to move the stuff but moving stuff has to be done as per EPA 1990. As knot weed is now deemed a controlled waste S 33 means you need a waste carriers licence to transport it and S 34 place a duty of care on you.

Environmental Health have a statutory duty to act if these are breached - ie FNP / court action / warning

On council owned land they may choose to take control methods however, they is no obligation for land owners to act (at the moment)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
How about if it spreads from one property to another though?
I could see that causing ructions (sp ?) among neighbours; especially since in the past folks have been refused mortgages on property that was infested, and clearing it our costs money.

cheers,

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Private civil matter between both parties. Unless deliberately spread / transplanted - then offence under Wildlife & Countryside Act

It is not listed under Weeds Act 1959 so no obligation to prevent it spreading by "natural" means.

You don't have t ocontrol it from growing (& spreading) from you land but you can not deliberately pass it on.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
I have noticed some small mound of loose earth in the lawn and thought they were just worm casts.
Today i observed a small bee coming out and then going back in.
There are a few of these dotted around my lawn, apparently we have a perfect lawn for Ground bees to nest.

Lovely to watch something i didnt even know existed.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Excellent little things - some Bumblebees ground nest too - as you say fantastic to watch. I noticed our cherry trees were more attractive to solitary bees than to our honey bees which is interesting.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Just wanted to give a quick update.
Not been upto much, just weeding and mowing the lawn.
My Mrs's little sister wants to get some chickens. so i may have them to control the weeds in the allotment while i get around to other stuff.
Will domestic cats kill chickens??
I have been told they wont when the chooks are adults as they are too big??

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A cat probably could kill an adult chicken, but it doesn't generally happen. A rooster is a good "protector" for your chickens (but can attack you as well!)

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
I have spent the last 3 days digging and leveling the old potato beds and removing/filling in the old paths from the allotment.
Doing a little bit every day doesnt seem to be aggravating my back too much and i have managed to get quite a bit done.
Still a lot of path to come out and all the slabs in the U shape to remove. Its looking a hell of a lot better now i can get up there and cut the weeds etc with the lawn mower.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
ana9yne6.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE