Ray's folding Griddle.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Not content with getting GB to copy my Cegga axe goodjob, I see that he has also coppied my folding griddle.
http://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/815-Ray-Mears-Folding-Griddle/
It's VERY similar, only mine is better. :eek: and It was made long before Ray designed his! :nono:

I'm only kidding by the way and I'll not be sueing Woodlore for any breech of my copyright, lol

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
good thread.quite a few years ago my then girlfriend and i went to mid wales and made friends with another couple and decided to have an outdoor cook up with fish in foil down by a river and had nothing to cook on and as if by magic found an old ali milk crate lying about which was perfect.
ade

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Here's one I made a while back, made from 5/16 stainless rod. First is it all folded and bagged to stop it dirtying anything Bagged.jpg Next is it all set up with a griddle plateGrill1.jpgGriddle plate is 1/4 inch stainless sheet. Next with the griddle plate removed Grill 2.jpgThis shows the connecting pin fitted which locks the 2 tops togetherGrill join pin in.jpgAll laid out so you can see the make up and how it fits togetherLayed out.jpgNext is the legsLeg mounts.jpgThe legs are inserted into the ground and there are tubes welded to the corners of the grill which fit over the leg pins (sticky out bits)Grill join pin out.jpgand the top comes in 2 halves locked together with a pin and when removed it all folds down ready for bagging up. Each half of the grill is about 1 foot square giving a 2 x 1 grill surface when set up. The griddle is great for all sorts but especially for the kettle.

Last edited:
E

Elements

Ah, that looks quite similar to mine as well. Amazing what an hours worth of work, a old tesco trolley and some scrap can turn into :)
IMG_4077.JPG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE