Ray Mears Tracks and Wild Tracks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
Browsing the forums I found a couple of threads asking if anybody had any of the old Tracks and Wild Tracks episodes. I have 26 of them and have uploaded them to my youtube page here bushblades youtube I've not seen them available anywhere else, its a shame as I feel they are some of his best tv work, and I dare say started a lot of us off on the bushcraft path back in the early 90's.

For some reason I was not able to post in the origional threads so I started this new thread.

All the best

Will

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Brilliant, these are my favourite programmes Ray made.
Ive rewatched the few on you tube before so thanks for adding these others.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It's a damned shame the whole lot isn't available on DVD. Those programmes were packed full of amazing information and skills. I'm actually surprised Ray hasn't put together something similar himself on DVD. From the extras you get on his TV series DVDs he is quite capable of doing so. They would be huge sellers.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Agreed, but there might be other issues at play such as rights etc. which the BBC would own.

The BBC own the right to Tracks and have no interest in releasing them. But they don't own the right to any skills or knowledge in those programmes so Ray could easily make his own DVDs showing the same things. He's already done it briefly for the extras on previously released programmes. They are solely produced by Woodlore and RM.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE