ray mears on richard and judy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Did any one catch RM on the show tonight Didnt know about the helicopter crash
I think he has mentioned it before, as I knew about the rescue and the fact his camera man broke his back as well as his legs. It was good to see and for others to know that he remains a perfect gentleman over the revelation's about Bear hotel debacle.
Yoda is Ray
For real do the bushcraft(filming) or bushcraft not do

the crash was in September 2005 according to this

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
I think there is a small passage on the inside back of his "Bushcraft" book about it.

There is a picture of the wreckage and a right mess it looks too. The picture is a bit blurry as Ray apologises...."My camera at the time was full of aviation fuel":eek:

jon r

Native
Apr 7, 2006
England, midlands
www.jonsbushcraft.com
I saw most of it. I didnt know about this crash either! Pretty shocking stuff! Im glad hes ok and i hope his camera man made a recovery.

Were they talking about a new program that hes doing? i missed a a bit you see and i dont know if hes got another program comming on!

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
I saw most of it. I didnt know about this crash either! Pretty shocking stuff! Im glad hes ok and i hope his camera man made a recovery.

Were they talking about a new program that hes doing? i missed a a bit you see and i dont know if hes got another program comming on!

The cameraman is called Alan Duxbury and is still recovering, though the last I heard from his brother a few months back he was still not working but doing training. Not surprising with two busted legs and back problems. He is though hoping to get back filming. Hope he does as I think he is one of the best cameramen in this line of work.

George

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk

Yes he has, it's called Ray Mears Goes Walkabout and I'm guessing is on early next year as that is when the book comes out.

In RAYS MEARS GOES WALKABOUT Ray Mears takes four journeys through the wilderness of the Australian Outback to learn about the people, the wildlife and the culture of this extraordinary land. He is joined by an Australian survival experts who enrich his journey and deepen Ray's understanding of the bushcraft of this incredible continent. These are journeys that encompass many of the themes of Ray's world -- discovery, the natural world, indigenous culture, adventure and survival. Above all, they represent something very close to Ray's heart -- the most important thing we can learn when travelling is to be open to new ideas, new ways of doing things, new experiences. For Ray, this is the only way to promote understanding and learning. His voyage into the wilds of Australia encompass so many different natural habitats, with a rich indigenous culture and many tales of exploration and survival, as well all his trademark survival knowledge and wilderness tips.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE