Ray Mears in Aberdeen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm coming home from the Crannog that morning and I'm going to the lecture with Russ and some folks from SoTP :D
When I said I didn't have a clue what to wear, the response came "Well, we don't want to look like wannabe bushcrafters !", so that's me telt ;)

I think, just for the novelty value you understand, that I'll wear a skirt. I'll wash the smell of woodsmoke out of my hair :confused: , find the mascara instead of using sooty tears to colour my eyelashes :eek: , keep out of the mud for a change :rolleyes: and I might even find a pair of high heels, or at least boots without a 2cm grip tread sole on them.....not a soul is going to recognise me in that get up, are they ? :D

cheers,
M

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Going to Glasgow too, Bringing SWMBO, and hope to meet up with the rest of you, before
the talk if anyone has a venue in mind. See you there . Stuart and May.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I'm sitting on the last train back to Dundee after a wonderful talk by Ray.
Thoroughly nice chap who spoke well and engagingly for a little over two hours.
Only one Bear question from a member of the public, it was laughed off with a no comment "moving swiftly on".
Due to an excellent seat I managed to get a couple of books signed too. I was third in the queue. Just as well as I had a 2215 cut off time to make my train home.
Great time.
Well worth going.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
unsurprisingly the focus was on the subject of his latest book "vanishing world"
Ray started out talking a bit about the links between Scotland and the Heroes of Telemark and a few veiled references to BG.
The future seems to hold a series in Canada.

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Yeah I must admit I was very impressed with the show last night - the question asking how do you get a shingle lizard to pee just put a huge smile on my face.

A great night and worth every penny.

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I was a bit disappointed that he hadn't seen any new bushcraft in 15 years. I suppose that we've had since the Stone Age to develop the techniques; so it's possibly excusable.

I went to the signing to ask him to remember the Northeast when he finally finishes the field guide promised in "Wild Food".

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE