Ray mears Bushcraft TV series

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I'm sure lots of you got this from woodlore but for those who didn't:

BUSHCRAFT SERIES 1 – REPEAT

Ray Mears' Bushcraft Series 1 is being repeated on BBC2 at 8pm starting Sunday 27th February 2005.

BUSHCRAFT SERIES 2

Ray Mears' Bushcraft Series 2 will be transmitted on BBC2 in April 2005, dates yet to be confirmed.

NEW DVD – BUSHCRAFT SURVIVAL SERIES 1

A DVD box set containing the first five programmes of Ray's latest television series 'Bushcraft' is available to pre-order on-line at www.raymears.com, or through the office on 01580 819668, price £19.99. *The launch date is 4th April 2005 and we will dispatch within 7 days of this date.

The additional footage was filmed especially for the Bushcraft enthusiast. *Ray has included sharpening a knife in the field, sharpening a knife at camp, how to handle a knife, cutting with a knife, making cordage from nettles and an interview about the cheetah-kill filmed in Tanzania. It will cover the following programmes:

ABORIGINAL BRITAIN – Ray shows how our ancestors used the resources around them to feed and clothe themselves.

THE YEKUANA, RIVER PEOPLE OF THE AMAZON – Ray sets up a jungle camp and sees how the Yekuana live in harmony with their environment.

THE LOST WORLD OF THE PEMON - Ray journeys to the huge rock outcrops which inspired The Land That Time Forgot and The Lost World.

CAMPING WITH THE HADZA – Ray spends time in northern Tanzania among one of the last hunter-gatherer tribes on the planet.

MASAI SAFARI – Ray fulfils a childhood dream by experiencing a true safari, Masai-style.

Just for info.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
The uk one was the best imo. But I do remember the thread about these programs before so I didn't intend this to be a ray loving/hating thread, just that people might not have seen it was on on Sunday.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
tenbears10 said:
The uk one was the best imo. But I do remember the thread about these programs before so I didn't intend this to be a ray loving/hating thread, just that people might not have seen it was on on Sunday.
I agree,the 1st was indeed the best in my opinion.I just wish he would bring out his 1st series on dvd.

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
I was luckily told that this was on when i got back from work.
I had no idea it was on but I did manage to catch half of it :D

Where abouts was that he went to?

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
CLEM said:
I think it was called Ray Mears World of Survival,may be wrong but if so someone will correct me.

CLEM ithe series is called bushcraft and the first episode is the best. It's on dvd soon for anyone anyone that missed it.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
tenbears10 said:
CLEM ithe series is called bushcraft and the first episode is the best. It's on dvd soon for anyone anyone that missed it.
What is this series repeated tonight called,its his last series iam talking about.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Emdiesse said:
Where abouts was that he went to?

He was mainly up in the west coast of Scotland Mate.....lovely place isn't it....now you can see why all our Scotish members are always so jolly with playgrounds like that on their doorsteps! :eek:):

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
CLEM said:
What is this series repeated tonight called,its his last series iam talking about.

Sorry CLEM getting confused. You are right last night's is called bushcraft and the first series was world of survival.

:roll:

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
CM Burns said:
last night's programme was superb - far, far better than most of his recent stuff....

It was good but from what I remember the rest of the first part of this series is all abroad and just goes over old ground again.... have to wait and see what the second half of the series has in store when it comes out later in the spring! :eek:):

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
tenbears10 said:
Sorry CLEM getting confused. You are right last night's is called bushcraft and the first series was world of survival.

:roll:
No worries Tenbears10,i just hope they bring out World of Survival soon on DVD as its his best stuff so far,maybe a compilation of his Tracks stuff would be good too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE