Ray mears article

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
In the mail on sunday today 30th April there is an article with Ray Mears in the TV supplement magazine. at the end of the article there is a hint that he's researching and planning a new series. But no details on what, where or when unfortunately. I think he like's to keep these things under his hat. S'pose we'll just have to wait and see, but if it's as good as the last series I for one will be looking forward to it

PurpleHeath

Forager
Jan 5, 2005
West Sussex, England
falling rain said:
In the mail on sunday today 30th April there is an article with Ray Mears in the TV supplement magazine. at the end of the article there is a hint that he's researching and planning a new series. But no details on what, where or when unfortunately. I think he like's to keep these things under his hat. S'pose we'll just have to wait and see, but if it's as good as the last series I for one will be looking forward to it

it would definently be nice to have him back on our screens, :D something that would be worth watching is hard to come by these days!

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
Thanks very much for the offer! But I live outside the UK... someone else might have read it and could post a high res picture of it. I appreciate the offer though!! :You_Rock_

AlexRowan

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2005
Somerset
I have actually heard from the horse's mouth exactly what the new series will be!!

I'm not telling though! :lmao: :lmao:

It will be fascinating to people on this site and something that is integral to bushcraft but not altogether focused on in Ray Mears' previous series. Also, he mentioned that it may involve brand new knowledge that has never been documented!!

I asked when it was likely to be shown and it looks to be next year sometime.

Sorry for being the Keeper Of Secrets again but I think discretion is called for when it is someone else's secrets!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Talking horses, eh? Sounds to me like you're in league with Lucifer himself!!

Burn him!!!

Hang on, still rubbing these sticks together, I'll be ready in a minute!

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
Hopefully (bet your bottom dollar)that will coincide with Gordon and Rays book on the same subject which has been in the pipeline for a few years now.

AlexRowan

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2005
Somerset
Well so much for being the Keeper Of Secrets! haha

Sounds like it will be a really interesting series. I know other people on here have wondered if Britain could provide enough wild foods to survive from and I guess this series will provide the answer.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Interesting! I remember talking to Ray and Gordon about three years ago about their research into this sort of thing. They were studying the amount of energy used to gather foods that are available in the UK, to see if they really were practicable as a source of food, as well as attempting to recreate harvesting methods and the like.
Just goes to show how long it takes to put together a programme like that, I s'pose.

Fallow Way

Nomad
Nov 28, 2003
Staffordshire, Cannock Chase
I was lucky enough to take part in a little bit of research with Gordon involving Cattail last year. The initial experiment didn’t work but after a few goes it worked very very well. It was exploring the premise of gaining as much carbohydrate from the roots with as little effort as possible, it was very surprising the efficiency and simplicity of the technique.

If the new series invovles him I am looking forward to it increadibly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE