Ration pack needed, Leeds York area.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Got an over night hike in the lakes planned this Friday and just checked my supplies of ration packs and all I have left is 3 packets of the treacle pudding.

I tried Johnson's of Leeds but they say they don't stock them.

Does anybody in the Leeds York area have rat pack I can buy of them?

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
I would have thought that three treacle puddings would be sufficient for even the greediest of hikers for an overnight. And let's face it, a treacle pudding breakfast has to place significantly higher than porridge:lmao:

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
You haven't tried one have you? It's not known as "treacle track-pad" for nothing :lmao:

I think whoever was responsible for sourcing the 'sponge' bought the stuff they use in cushions :D

Correct,my experience of Army mobile rations goes back a bit. They were called K rations then, and were in tins. IIRC, there were a couple of suet puddings from which to choose, one of which was either treacle or syrup . Not exactly the lightest of desserts, but sweet stodge went down well after 20-25 miles in full kit with a very full P 42 rucksack digging into your kidneys. Def. not like mum used to make though. the alternative was spotted dick. On an aside, even the toilet paper in K rats was in tins. The ration was 3 sheets per day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE