Rating for Army issue artic mummy bag!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I was wandering if anyone could tell me the offical rating of the army issue green artic mummy bag, I picked one up brand new in the compression sack for a £5!

It seems pretty good, it has loads of internal pockets and it is nice and big, what are your guys experiences of this. I was going to buy a nonok 0 or -10, is it worth bothering now?

Happy new year to all,

Cheers lads.

willie

Forager
Sep 25, 2004
aberdeen,scotland
www.google.com
is this the one with the 2 mesh pockets and the centre Zip??, if so i would recomend it personally, icouldnt give you the rating but i can say i have slept in it all year round up here.. boiling in summer but still nice and toasty in autumn and winter, Very large pack size tho..

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Sounds more like the newer G10 bag rather than the old arctic bag, the arctic bag never had pockets inside.(for drying socks apparently!)
But can't really answer your question still, sorry!

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Just managed to find due to the G10 reference, thanks goose!

Its rated to -20 apparently, should be warm enought for me, what a bargain that was then.

jamie6754

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 22, 2006
Bergen germany 29303
The one you have mate is fantastic i used it on exercise in sennelager in germany Jan 05, the temp was -23 spamel was on that one to i think and i was redders in that sleeping bag defenatliy a winter bag though.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
:lmao:

Takes up half my bergen but its warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm, only tried it down to about -4 with a bivy bag but was great.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Buckley8219 said:
Just managed to find due to the G10 reference, thanks goose!

Its rated to -20 apparently, should be warm enought for me, what a bargain that was then.
Can i ask where you got it for a fiver and have you got a link to this particular bag?
Cheers :)

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i think thats the one i have, i got it for free from my mums mate who is in the army. its real toasty but it does take up alot of room
leon

cronos

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2005
Norfolk
Its a good bit of kit, but its much too big. The best way of loading it in your kit is not to use the compression sack, just stuff it into your bergan.
I have used it in must types of climate and found that its good for the colder climates, but soon as the weather warms up so do you - purly a cold weather bit of kit.

Cronos

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I have one too and wouldn't part with it. The bulk is more than compensated for by the warmth it provides. They are also known as "maggots" if i remember correctly.

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE