Range Rover value help please?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Has anyone got a rough idea how much a 93 Range Rover Tdi would be worth as Ive been offered one as a trade! It's done close to 200k, but has had an engine I think. The bodywork is good to excellent and most of the electrics work. It drives fairly well for its mileage and has at least 6 months MOT and Tax.

Im guessing it has to be worth at least a couple of grand, even with the miles on it?

Id be grateful for any opinions!

cheers

Stuarty

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Have you checked the online car valuations stuff?

Is it 'Green book' or something like that that are the most accurate.

You may find a problem getting an accurate price because of the mileage, I'm not sure how high the mileage goes when they quote prices.

I would have thought about the same but I'm certainly no expert.

Cheers

mark

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Try taking a wander to WHJ Smiths and looking through the various Land Rover mags, there's prolly something similar in at least one of them.

I'd guess just about any TDi rangy must be worth a couple of grand, but then I have been wrong before!

Dave

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Just had a look at parkers.co.uk and they make you pay to value older cars. Look on ebay for a guide as to what things are selling for.

IMO 200,000 miles is a hell of a lot and will scare most people away from a car (even a range rover). A new engine means nothing for the suspension, chasis etc etc.

Jjv110

Forager
May 22, 2005
Jersey C.I.
Hi Stuarty,

Normally a '93 Range Rover wouldn't go for much as most of them are V8, but a Tdi always puts the price up. However, I wouldn't pay any more than 2000 for it. It really depends on the condition underneath and what work needs doing on it.
Because of the high mileage, you should be able to haggle a fair amount off.
the engine may have been put in afterwards by someone, so make sure they've done a good job and find out when the timing belt was last changed.
But it should serve you well for a while yet if you get all the jobs done on it.
Good luck.
ps www.difflock.com.

Julian.

mojofilter said:
Has anyone got a rough idea how much a 93 Range Rover Tdi would be worth as Ive been offered one as a trade! It's done close to 200k, but has had an engine I think. The bodywork is good to excellent and most of the electrics work. It drives fairly well for its mileage and has at least 6 months MOT and Tax.

Im guessing it has to be worth at least a couple of grand, even with the miles on it?

Id be grateful for any opinions!

cheers

Stuarty
Hi mate i had a range rover last year when i lived in spain and they are great for off roading.
Don't rush in to buying that one has if you search the Land rover magazines you will find many for a lot less and with less milege/ better extras etc, etc.

Shop around :)

j.roberts7

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2005
£ 1500 max

there will be a host of problems waiting to happen after that milage so make sure it has some history or at least look to see if any parts look new
check things like water pump starter rad etc etc
i had one a couple of years older for £1000 for 3 years and only had to replace to fuel and water pump along with the altermeter

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Thanks for the replies, I dont think I'll bother! I had been offered it as a swap for a nearly finished speed boat project. Its got me back in the mood for a 4x4 tho'.
I went and looked at a nearly new Defender 90 today. I miss having a 4x4, but a Defender is a big change from a Civic type-R, decisions decisions!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE