Rag in a Can - Keep Tools Rust Free

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Someone posted this video for making a brilliantly simple DIY tool for keeping tools rust free (and your hands safe) on a woodland management FB group - though it worth sharing.

I’d not heard of Paul Sellers before but his YT channel has enough projects to keep a keen woodworker busy during a prolonged period of self-isolation and even if you don’t make anything, Paul’s soothing voice and easy teaching style will soothe even the most frayed nerves. :)

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
This looks a very usefull bit of kit. Easy to use and best of all no spillage and getting oil all over stuff. Think I'm gonna make one myself.
Don't forget to ask the Mrs for an old tea towel cos she won't be best pleased if you just take one.!
Added bonus us it's repurposing and recycling instead of just throwing a teatowel away.
Great idea.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
I've had one of these for years, but I would suggest that you get a tin that has a good tight lid on it, as the open tin will become dry very easy, and you are forever topping it up.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Paul Sellers has got to be one of the best woodworking channels on YouTube. I made one of those oilers a while back. I couldn't quite believe how much easier a quick swipe of oil can make sawing and planing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE