Rabbit pasties

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
That was excellent, I got it all even with my poor hearing.
Nice to watch the boys in it again.
Honestly, I'd never get past the oven braising part. I do a lot of chunked up bison roasts that way.
Thanks Nobby. Much appreciated.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I've bought a side of bison just about every autumn since 2001. So, I have eaten 6 or 7 of them.
Fantastic food and cut-with-a-fork tender as well.
The tree line of the ranch is just across the village from my kitchen window.
However,
I want some diversity so nobby's rabbiting expedition, from field to plate,
was exactly what I wanted to see.
Our bush bunnies are very few and far between so I'd rather leave them for the cats (Lynx & Bobcat).
I bought two butchered meat rabbits but believed that I'd best defer to BCUK members for cooking lessons.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
I've bought a side of bison just about every autumn since 2001. So, I have eaten 6 or 7 of them.
Fantastic food and cut-with-a-fork tender as well.
The tree line of the ranch is just across the village from my kitchen window.
However,
I want some diversity so nobby's rabbiting expedition, from field to plate,
was exactly what I wanted to see.
Our bush bunnies are very few and far between so I'd rather leave them for the cats (Lynx & Bobcat).
I bought two butchered meat rabbits but believed that I'd best defer to BCUK members for cooking lessons.
How did you get on with them Robson

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
How did you know? I'll be down in my wood shop this morning and will take out a rabbit.
An "experimental dinner" as of tomorrow, I think.
Basted with fat, covered with a dry mix of herbs and spices, slow roasted (covered pan ) with 1/2" water.
How does that sound? I wonder if my little Heidi-cat will be willing to take a share.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE