Quiraing, Isle of Skye

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gordonmac

Nomad
Oct 15, 2009
Caithness, Scotland
gordonmac.com
A few pictures from my Easter weekend trip to Skye with the girlfriend.

At the moment I'm experimenting (badly) with HDR photography, but in this case it seems to bring out the moody atmosphere in the hills on the island perfectly!

The low cloud and peeing rain made this part of Scotland look just the way it should :)

Looking towards Staffin Bay from Quiraing, Skye

'The Prison' - Quiraing

These were some sinister looking 'needles' further up the Quiraing

'The Prison' from above. It's a fairly impressive looking triple summit best appreciated from above I think.

Thanks for looking :)

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
Fantastic pics, thanks for posting. I haven't been there for 20 years or more and must get back sometime soon to "Eilan a Cheo".

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Thanks Gordon some great shot there , what a place !

Hey Bigfoot i was just going to say the same thing , its about 20 years .

Me and my brother walked the trotternish ridge in some amazing weather sunshine and shorts one minute and chucking it down the next , but that is Skye for you rain or shine some of the best scenery anywhere .

Craig.....

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
My 2 year old wasn't up to the trek so I cheated and shot from the road :eek:

DSCF0134_1.JPG

gordonmac

Nomad
Oct 15, 2009
Caithness, Scotland
gordonmac.com
Thanks for the comments folks. Much appreciated!

Skye is one of the most impressive places in Scotland for mountain scenery IMHO :) I live in Caithness where it's spectacularly... flat!! So getting to see mountains is always a treat.

It does look a bit Morhdorh-ish :D I was thinking that when I was up there, too.

Tenaka

May 25, 2011
France - Britany
A few pictures from my Easter weekend trip to Skye with the girlfriend.

At the moment I'm experimenting (badly) with HDR photography, but in this case it seems to bring out the moody atmosphere in the hills on the island perfectly!

The low cloud and peeing rain made this part of Scotland look just the way it should :)

Looking towards Staffin Bay from Quiraing, Skye

'The Prison' - Quiraing

These were some sinister looking 'needles' further up the Quiraing

'The Prison' from above. It's a fairly impressive looking triple summit best appreciated from above I think.

Thanks for looking :)
Your pictures are superbs, the HDR effect could be "better controled" but nevertheless there is a real charm in those landscape. I find that there is some "fantasy" wich come out from those photos.
Is it possible to get it in high resolution ? (more than 1024x768px) In order to make me some wallpaper (for personnal use only).:confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE