Quilts!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Folks,

Dwelled on this a few times and still not convinced yet to their versatility if going to ground but....

Wouldn't want to pay the earth and am concerned with pack weight for a top quilt and bottom quilt.... Thoughts?
I know down is smaller bulk and hugely better for insulation, but due to bushcraft nature, I'm thinking synthetic would prove better but I value comments!

Looked at DD and snugpak offerings as they're the cheaper end but would love to hear forum users thoughts on their quilt combo!!

Cheers all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
To be honest it just all depends on budget or if you're prepared to save money at expense of having to carry extra bulk/weight. If you can afford it and want to have a down under/top quilt or sleeping bag and do a bit of walking go for it. If you're on a budget, dont mind the extra weight/bulk or mainly do car camping go for synthetic.

You simply can not beat a good down underquilt and top quilt/sleeping bag. They pack down amazingly for their weight/warmth ratio compared to synthetic.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
The DD one is quite thin compared to the Snugpak variant and the price reflects that.
Down.....is amazing, it takes me roughly 30mins to warm up my Snugpak synthetic TQ and UQ, but my new Down quilt literally reflects my heat straight back to me.
I cant wait to be able to make my own top quilt to match my UQ so i can be snuggly warm at nights.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Thanks guys; have a few down bags and will also recommend forever. I suppose a down underquilt would be viable to start with; just can't pull the trigger yet! Anywhere other than UK Hammocks have down quilts? The DIY route isn't feasible for me yet

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE