Quick Release Paracord

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Another nice little video :). These brighten my day when you post them and I find myself smiling and nodding along with you as I watch them :)

Just one quick point on this vid....Can you tell me which particular injuries you're advising your audience to use a tourniquet on, relative to the use of direct or indirect pressure? ;)

Many thanks,

Bam :)
(I'm still smiling....like Carol Smiley).

Angry Pirate

Forager
Jul 24, 2014
Peak District
I did think "here we go, yet another paracord video" but that was really clear to follow and is a simpler version of the quick release way I'd previously used. I will be adopting this, thanks!

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I agree a figure of eight hank it is a good way of carrying cord
Apart for the knot that's how I carry all mine, and much longer lengths too
The only difference in technique is I wrap between thumb and little finger with the cross over of the cord in the middle of my palm

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I agree a figure of eight hank it is a good way of carrying cord
The only difference in technique is I wrap between thumb and little finger with the cross over of the cord in the middle of my palm

I use this too, we used to use it with the punched paper tapes of signals in the Navy.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK

i wrap same as buckshots reply above, you can coil much bigger lengths that way and i can coil 100 foot of 3mm cord like so (thumb to little finger is widest part of hand). For tying off to allow for quick release but still keep secure:- i pull a bight through coil (instead of a single length of cord as shown in video), i then push end through the bight and pull it tight to lock off. it's quick to tie and secure and quick to release.
60d326ec-143f-40c7-86ff-887efb9e3ae6.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE