Quick hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Delks51

Jul 12, 2021
Stockport
Quick hello and brief introduction.
based over in south Manchester and been a keen wld camper for a good few years, mainly as part of hill walking so been down the ultralight route but always had an interest in bushcraft. Over the last few years started to get into It more and more. Maybe it’s because Im getting older and enjoy a few more creature comforts or maybe it’s because I’ve got a garage full of gear that keeps on growing and needs to get used but whatever the reason I thought it was time to join rather than sitting in the corner watching.
Anyways, thanks for the approval and looking forward to getting involved.
Phil.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Welcome!

Although a lot of ultralight trekking gear is a bit weak for bushcraft there are indeed a few equipment options that allow you to keep the rucksack weight pretty low and combine lightweight hiking with bushcraft.
In my experience the sweet point is located around 6 kg base weight.

Should you need some tips about that just ask!
It doesn't need to be all and everything "bomb proof", especially if we keep in mind that one can indeed go out with matches, knife, steel bottle and military poncho, if one has the skills to do it.
If the rest of the stuff are luxus items, they don't need to be bomb proof, isn't it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE