Quest for Fire and Clan of The Cave Bear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I had to have a re-read thanks to this thread too.... I'm up to the third book and find myself skip reading much more :) REALLY looking forward to Chronicles of Ancient Darkness but Mears Wild Food is taking all the reading space allowed :)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Well, am delighted with the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness books, defo raid the young adults section of your library for them, they're gggrrrrrreattttt! And I found the Margaret Elphinstone book too so when I've trawled thru Michelle Pavers series, I have something else to look forward to- thank you, bushbros :)

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Well, am delighted with the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness books, defo raid the young adults section of your library for them, they're gggrrrrrreattttt! And I found the Margaret Elphinstone book too so when I've trawled thru Michelle Pavers series, I have something else to look forward to- thank you, bushbros :)

really glad you're enjoying them sally :)

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
My wife has read all these and also Sarah Donati's books which deal with pioneering and travelling in the wilderness. I wondered how she had gained such a comprehensive theoretical knowledge of bushcraft. And I thought it was just what had rubbed off in 50 years of living with me!

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
[h=3]If you enjoyed The Gathering Night try "Early in Orcadia" by Naomi Mitchison. Tentative but brave travels out to the islands, building a boat,the perils of depending on barley and the different view of morality and even Standing Stones while worrying about a porridge pot. I enjoyed it along with Elphinstone's and "The Boy with the Bronze Axe" by Kathleen Fidler which brings us to the birth of the Bronze Age up North and another ecological disaster.[/h]

mbiraman

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
West Kootenays,BC
Have read most of the Earth Children series. Really only luke warm on one which was The Mammoth Hunters. I liked The Valley of Horses and Plains of Passage the best with COTCB a close second. Haven't read the last one. I'm not that critical when i read and i just enjoyed the everyday happenings of that period of time. The only thing that put me off throughout the series was the ongoing in depth erotic descriptions of Ayla's and Jondalar's love making. Seemed a bit out of place.

bill

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE