Quail eggs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

How to cook quail eggs

• boil them, and add to a salad

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Fry them, and serve on toast

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Scramble them, and add to some bacon and samphire

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Make a small Omelette, with cheese bacon and spring onions

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • have them raw with steak mince.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • some other method

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
What would to do with 10 quail eggs, I was thinking of poaching them, or maybe scrabmling them with some Fresh Rock Samphire. but I've only ever had boiled quail eggs so I don't know.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Boil for me too.

I wouldn't scramble them as half the appeal is visual - miniature eggs.

Poached or fried on top of some asparagus with a hollandaise sauce might be nice as well.

Cheers,

Huon

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Stuff them inside a chicken ( or bird of your choice) and cook normally, taste sensation.

That sounds interesting. Would you do this raw and shells on or boil and shell first?

Would this work with larger eggs as well?

Cheers,

Huon

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Just so you know. I've eaten them. I broke one of the eggs, as I put it in the pan, so rather than waste it; I dribble some vinegar in to the water and had a very small ‘poached egg’. It was a bit bland. I boiled five for just under two minutes, and had them with a chicken and bacon salad. I used the few that were remaining in a small, (about a mouthful) scrambled egg and cheese toasty. My wife and I agree, they taste just like good quality hens eggs they are so blooking fiddley that they are not worth the bother. They look more appealing than they are.
Knowing how much they cost and the fact they are like hens eggs I’d not try them again. Ok I was given them, but I’d not spend my hard earned cash on them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE