Pvc bow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
Heres my effort at a pvc bow and some dowel arrows. Just need to get some tips for them and give it a try...
aaaf429c0c84963b54c9c17073009717.jpg

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Not that its my post but there are some good Youtube vids on PVC bow construction - the best one I can think of off the top of my head is from ' TheBackyardBowyer ' IIRC.

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
its a schedule 40 pvc pipe (we had real trouble finding it in this country) which is used as water pipes over in the US, its thick walled and quite rigid. I cut the pipe down to 5 foot and marked off a central 6 inch handle section. A heat gun is used to soften the pipe from the edge of the handle to the tip of the limbs then you press the pipe between two beards to create a taper from flat at the tip to round at the handle. the handle is heated and squashed out of round in the other direction to create a more comfortable grip. its strung with 1mm dyneema (from a group buy on here) and the string silencers are just wool strands held by the twist of the string.

I cant measure the poundage but its pretty hefty, initially I put a recurve to the tips but i could barely draw it to my cheek! (the advantage with pvc is that when heated it returns back to its original shape) all the credit should go to the backyardbowyer on youtube as I copied his techniques.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE