Pure Lust - Don't know what to spend your Christmas Money On?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
chrisanson said:
I feel very humble and don’t think I will be putting my pathetic efforts on for a good while!
Chris
I Would Like too see that pathetic efforts for me there is nothing thats pathetic so show us, We are all in different steps on the forge ladder but I like every step, And nobody is pro I have forge fore 25 years but I am still learning and make many mistake and learn from them.
Cegga

chrisanson

Nomad
Apr 12, 2006
Dudley
Thank you my friend, I will try and get some photos on soon.
And yes I you are right we all learn as we go but I think you are quite a lot above me my friend!!
Chris

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
Fire to heat metal.
Magic occurs within forge
Blacksmith as Artist.

See what you made me do, I gone and spilled my haiku all over the keyboard :lmao:

Fantastic work, ablsolutely drool worthy

1krass_2_2.gif

Greywolf

cyclist

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 9, 2006
holstein
mark a. said:
Does Damascus achieve anything other than fancy patterns?

Just showing my ignorance here (and I'm probably a philistine too... ;))

yep, that´s pure ignorance

only heroes ask a question like that :eek: ..fancy patterns ... :swordfigh :red:

Btw, real Damascus has gone if the scientits at Dresden University are correct on their research: one of the genuine ingredients has gone a couple of hundred years ago :(

@ Ceggar: :notworthy

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
Hey
Now Wayne get some of my axes.And I seen him here too so, I hope he can write somthing here too, about them. He testing them for one another forum but maybe he can doit here to.
They are ordenary steel axes .
Cegga

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm sure he will Cegga - and if he's too busy, I'll make sure to do a full test and write up when I get mine! I'm going on a meet with WhichDcotor, Ludlowsurvivor, English Herts and Spikey da Pikey in Febuary so I'll take it there and get some others to play too

Merry Christmas mate

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Fantastic stuff Cegga - just had a look through - will have a longer look tonight!

Red

Hmmm 28 or 43 have to be amongst my favourites! really like no 13 (think it has a couple of other piccs in there too)

16 is fascinating, I'm intrigued - what size is it and whats it for mainly?

Lovely work, really must own one!

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its great mate - I just spent a long time looking trying to work out which I liked best! I am really intrigued with the odd shaped one in the wooden box though - is it a traditional design?

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its a lovely looker - not for me but a lovely looker!

I remember seing pictures of Goran Enocksson do something similar in damasteel.

What size are those double bits by the way? 1.5 kg or so?

Red

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
I do them from a bit thats 1,7 kg when I start but you can go so far down as almost 1 Kg after grinding depends on how they want it too be.
Yes I seen Görans work he do fantasic axes
Cegga

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Now thats tempting........could you do 1.2 Kg on a 26" helve? In a Nessmuk grind (one blade thick for splitting, one thin for cutting). Sort of cross between a GB forest axe and a cruiser style?

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE