Probs with accessing the forum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
M

Mesquite 2

For some weird and wonderful reason I can log onto BCUK with my original name and the website says welcome Mesquite and all was well until a few days ago. Now when I go to the forum it's as if I'm a guest and I keep getting asked to sign in if I want to view the latest posts, leave a reply or view a picture. When I do try to sign on it tells me I'm using an incorrect member name or password. The only way around the problem was to create this secondary name.

Any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi,
I had something similar happen a few days ago. Access to the site and login seemed to go smoothly until incorrect 'member name or password incorrect' message came up (or something similar???). Assuming a finger slipped I clicked 'back' and tried again - and was told that I was already logged in :confused:. Clicking on 'New Posts' showed that I had logged in and was good to go :confused: :Thinkingo :confused:

M

Mesquite 2

I've tried allsorts to access it. Logging off and then back on, refresh, new password request, acessing through Mozilla instead of i.e. and it's always the same. The page says I'm signed on but the forum doesn't recognise me. And I paid to be a member on my other name :(

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Have you tried replying to a thread? This is an old trick that's worked for me (as well as for others), the forum doesn't recognise you and then asks you to login through the forums rather than the front page.

M

Mesquite 2

Have you tried replying to a thread? This is an old trick that's worked for me (as well as for others), the forum doesn't recognise you and then asks you to login through the forums rather than the front page.

Yup, I've tried that and I get the 'you must log in screen' and when I try to that way I get a message saying you have entered an incorrect screen name or password'. That's when I start going 'ARGGHHH, but I am logged on, Look, it says so in the corner you p&**&^& )((*()*&*!!!!!!!'

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
:dunno: I've reached the end of my severely limited 'expertise' on scumputers and tripe-writers. Sorry I couldn't be of more help :( .

Olly

Feb 25, 2007
Co. Durham
I'm getting the same problem - I log on successfully, then when I try to read a post I get asked for my password again, except when I enter my (correct) password I get told that it's invalid .... very confusing!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi Olly, I'm a little confused, how did you post the message?

Try logging out of the forum (top right) and then log out of the rest of the site (top right) then go to the home page www.bushcraftuk.com and log in (top right) then go to the forum via the link on the title bar (straight above) and that should allow everything to reset and all should be fine. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE