Primus Stoves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
My Scout group has a crate of old Primus stoves and bits which we have been hording until somebody can "do something with them" but so far nobody has the time or interest.
This is a shame as I am sure there are people out there who would love them and put the back into use, so could somebody tell me from a photograph if they are worth the effort please?

No idea why the picture isn't showing up but f you right click on the icon and open in another tab it is visible. Sorry :-(

primus.jpg

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
I would say they were / are worth the effort, not too much to go wrong with them, a bit of elbow grease on the brass and check seals and O rings etc, test in an outdoor area etc, depending on how many you have etc you may end up with a fair few in good working order :)

slimshady

Tenderfoot
Oct 29, 2014
Oxfordshire
Back in the day (80's) we always did a spring clean over Winter. Patching the Vangos, mess tents, making new pegs/mallets and other maintenance.
Each troupe to take one or two each. Research on how to dis-assemble and clean / refurbish.
At the end of couple of weeks you'd have a smattering of useable stoves with spares or get them sold and buy newer stoves / kit.
At minimum the Scouts will understand how they work compared to modern gas stoves.

Alex.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Well worth repairing, parts if needed are easy and cheap to get , the result will be a good reliable stove, most of the stoves I use are of this type.

Still used by Antarctic survey teams to this day because they're easy to fix and reliable.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE