Prequel to auction no 2....

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hi guys....Going to start a second auction soon, and want to tell you a bit about how its going to work beforehand.....
This time because of many pm's and suggestions, its going to be for single items only. I am going to ask for items to be donated, to be bid upon.
I hasten to add that there is no pressure on anybody to donate anything, it is purely your choice..
Its all going to go to the same charity as before, see previous auction http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=19394&page=1&pp=50 . I think you would all agree that Magikelly has done so much for us with the group buys....
If you are willing to give something, it can be anything you like, small to big items, though the postage would be down to the donater, so bear that in mind.
I will start the auction, asking for items, will find something myself to get us going, hopefully the list of items will grow, and anyone can bid on anything on the list. I will do one week for the bidding, but people can donate right up to the last day. If it is successful, then a second week might be done etc...
Basicly, its going to be as before but on individual items, the highest bidder at the end of the week is the winner and should pm the donater to claim their prize, after paying the charity...
I would also really appreciate some help on this too as it could get manic. Could a few of you, esp if your around in the day time, commit to me, by keeping the list updated, so that it is easy to see what is being auctioned. You will need to know how to move the photo's onto the list. Please could a few of you let me know if you can help, by stating below...
Big thanks in advance to you all.
Again, no pressure on anyone to give, or to bid, for that matter....
If I have missed anything or anyone has some suggestions, please let me know.....

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
I will start. (Sorry if i have jumped the gun here)
Mountain craft and leadership book third edition
The book is by eric langmuir and is approved by the mountain leader training boards of GB and NI.
Just wish I could give more.
PC280016.jpg

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Thanks guys....Fire breather...I am not starting the auction yet mate, probably tomorrow, but I will put your book on the list, many thanks....

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
I have had to put it up now because im not sure i can get on tomorrow . My humble apologies for jumping the gun. Please feel free to move it wherever or postpone bidding till it starts.:sad6:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hah Just thought of something how about a set of all 3 sizes of bowsaw blades (30", 21" 24") including blade guards - dead useful for making bucksaws?

Red (who cannot see a gun without jumping)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Going to get this going tonight, so if anyone has any suggestions, or anything to say on the matter, speak now.....Saying that, its a beautiful day out there and your probably all outside playing, as I am about to do again.....

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Bit more help on this would be nice...So far its only British Red helping me with keeping the list updated...
Can anyone else please help out....
Might not be able to start tonight, having a few internet problems...I am supposed to be on 8 meg, but currently connecting at 28k. Not sure if I can upload photo's at that speed....

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Thanks Janie...Its just a case of moving all the donations to the front, quite often, so that bidders can see what they are bidding on without having to scroll back...

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I'm happy to help as well Jon - just let me know what you need doing - i'm on pretty much all day (well at work at least) and most evenings.

John Dixon

Forager
May 2, 2006
Cheshire
I dont have much but i am willing to offer a full days Canoe coaching, including all equipment for two people and if wished i can throw in star tests. The offer is open to any level of paddler beginnier to advanced ( level 4 coach). Canoe or kayak. I am based in the North West so Wales or Lakes could be arranged. I hope this will sell for the charities auction..

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Thanks Graham..... I am going to auction an axe, people will (hopefully) bid on it, then someone else will (hopefully) auction something else and people will bid on that too. We will need to keep it all up to date, a list of whats being auctioned and a list of the highest bid on it ...Thats it, bit like on the last auction where I kept on reviewing what was being offered, but this time with a list of the highest bidders on it all too....

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
John Dixon said:
I dont have much but i am willing to offer a full days Canoe coaching, including all equipment for two people and if wished i can throw in star tests. The offer is open to any level of paddler beginnier to advanced ( level 4 coach). Canoe or kayak. I am based in the North West so Wales or Lakes could be arranged. I hope this will sell for the charities auction..
Thats fantastic, many thanks for that John....I will add it to the starting list...My connection speed has improved, so will (hopefully) get it going soon...

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
no problem - i'm a dab hand at updateing threads and making lists now!;)

I guess between janie, Red and ourselves we should be able to keep on top of things:)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
g4ghb said:
no problem - i'm a dab hand at updateing threads and making lists now!;)

I guess between janie, Red and ourselves we should be able to keep on top of things:)
Yeah, I hope so, it could get manic (I hope), we will see. Anyway, got some photo's of my axe done now, just got to upload them and write the start of the auction.....

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I'm happy to help update the list when I can. Might it be an idea to have each item in it's own thread? That way each can get a full weeks bidding. Items added to the suggested thread late on might only be available for a day or so and not get the bids they deserve.

Just a thought.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I think a seperat thread for each item would be a good idea OR ....... If Jon is the 'auction meister' he just adds the next lot once eack weeks auction is completed.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
MagiKelly said:
I'm happy to help update the list when I can. Might it be an idea to have each item in it's own thread? That way each can get a full weeks bidding. Items added to the suggested thread late on might only be available for a day or so and not get the bids they deserve.

Just a thought.
I did wonder how to get around the problem of late entries...Seperate threads for each could work, but it could mean many threads and the whole site being inundated with auctions, which I am not sure Tony would approve of. He has given me the ok for another auction, but I think I had better keep it to one thread.
Maybe we could have a cut off point in which new items go to another auction the following week, say after 3 days.
What do you think John...? I could try Tony again, but I know he is busy...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE