Prehistoric British town swallowed by the sea.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Was watching a fellow on the BBC, one of these alternative archaeology theorists, who reckoned, that we were once an advanced civilization, then atlantis, the great flood, etc, all happened, some global catastrophe, maybe a meteorite, all these partial myths we know about now, and this advanced civilisation were all but wiped out.
A few survived, in pockets, and possessed more advanced knowledge than those who came after. And taught them things, like farming. Interesting stuff..
He was being interviewed after they started finding things like evidence of wheat production, which was found very recently in doggerland, under the sea, thousands of years before farming was supposed to have been introduced to the UK.

Cant have been that advanced though, I thought, otherwise they would have left space junk.

If you watch that documentary by werner herzog, about those caves in France, they had evidence of weaving machines, dating back 35,000 years!

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Cave Of Forgotten Dreams by Werner Herzog? Think I found something to have a wee watch of tonight. Cheers.

I take it the BBC thing is just an article and not a television program?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Thats it Colin yeh. COFD

I think THIS was the programme where they found the evidence of wheat production. [Could be wrong]

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
some global catastrophe

Imagine that now, pockets of 'modern man' left about teaching those who came after.

"Well, that's easy, you get your knife, cut that here, slice that there and viola."
"But how do you make the knife?"
"erm... let's see if we can find a surviving blacksmith..."

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
:lmao:.....I'll try and remember his name, obviously the archeological establishment poo pooed him.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
"possessed a level of technology 2,000 years ahead of the norm for the period." What nonsense! Only lack of evidence has probably prevented us from regarding their technology as the norm for their period.

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
Gravity is nonsense too! The earth sucks! But, alas, until I get the evidence I need then I guess gravity is the norm for now :(.

I guess that's why there are only ever theses.

But yeah, I get your point! :) They could have perhaps worded it better.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I did see the First Britons program Dave, there was a fairly big thread about it at the time. I kept out of the conversation as I wasn't that taken with the program. It lacked something... Ah yes Professor Alice Roberts that's it!:rolleyes: sorry seriously I thought it wasn't that ground-breaking but hey ho.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE