practicing bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Get yourself along to one of the regular meets such as North Wood, Rough Close, Sussex Group or the Suffolk Bushcraft Group. You would be made very welcome at any of these meets, and the guys there would be happy to share and pass on skills.

Reactions: jimbo75 and Billy-o

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I practiced all sorts of bushcraft food recipes and prep under the ideal conditions of my kitchen.
Same tools, same pots and pans, etc. No mistakes in a camp. Everybody is too cold, tired and hungry.
Cook well and it cuts your camp chore load by half! Hot savory food is never tossed back.

Reactions: SimonA

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Only rarely have I ever been an ultralight hiker/camper.
I enjoy expeditions with the trimmings and a cabin roof over my head.
Big tents have floors. 2 stoves are far better than one. 3 and you're not cooking all night.

It's cold and breezy. Sun setting soon. Here's an example:

A: Get a big pan heating with some kind of fat (margerine and bacon grease).
Dice potatoes 1cm cubes, into the pan and stir well to coat and cook/sizzle until browning.
In the mean time, get some simple meat thing going in another pan.
Good sprinkle of some seasoned salt (I like the smoked salts for this) on the potato.
1-2 tbsp Italian Mixed Herbs. Toss and serve.

B: Learn to make really good bannock and lots of it. Pan and wound on sticks.
Raisins, cinnamon, etc. . . . try the Italian Mixed Herbs in some for supper.
I take the dry ingredients pre-measured and mixed.
It was a few experiments that made the dogs happy before I got a recipe that I really liked.

Geek

Dec 20, 2018
North West
I too would be interested if anyone knows of anyone within the North West who teaches / organises bushcraft courses, seeing that I am very much a beginner, other than the usual hiking and watching YouTube.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE