Power Flare Mini Review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Just a few comments on the Power flare. Rob from Wilderness121.co.uk brought along a powerflare for us to try.

The power flare is distributed by Jack and Jamie at Woodland Organics

The power flare is a large disc with very bright red leds around the edge.

Whats special about that I hear you ask. That was what I thought until the students on the First Aid course decided to use it on the multi casuality management exercise.

The flare has a number of settings from simple flashing to a directional marker. It is seriously bright. I could see it easily over 300m away. I am sure the light could be seen from a few miles. I would need to test it though. The team used one to mark their incident controller. Therefore each first aider knew exactly where to go for instructions and file reports as the situation unfolded. The plastic armoured design of the flare makes it pretty much bomb proof. I gave it a serious bashing. (sorry Rob) to see how robust it is. I am not a fan generally of electronic gizmos however this device took a kicking and still carried on regardless. It is also water proof to 300ft. If I remember correctly.

The Power Flare proved invaluable and I have decided to add one to my kit.

I think that the power flare would definately be useful to group leaders and anyone wanting a reliable marker.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Must admit, we picked it up almost as an after thought but it definatly made the difference. The powerflare can be seen from quite a distance, we set it up as rendezvous point to show where the leader and surplus kit was, then later on as the escape exit for the "ambulance", it saved a lot of hassle and questions.

Defiantly going to get one for trips to the mountains, these things literally could mean life or death.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE