power carver advice please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bert333

Settler
Jan 15, 2008
Earth- for awhile longer...
Thanks guys but I'd like to keep focus on either of these two products if anyone actually uses those.
The ]Skil7710and the ]Proxxon MOS which is more expensive but seems to me more focussed on carving than the Skil7710-

One plus point is the ability to use the Flexcut range of blades- which I can use as a hand or a powered tool
cheers

Last edited:

bobz64

Dec 24, 2010
Scotland
images
then there`s this......just need a big lump o wood to have a go at! ;)

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Thanks guys but I'd like to keep focus on either of these two products if anyone actually uses those.
The ]Skil7710and the ]Proxxon MOS which is more expensive but seems to me more focussed on carving than the Skil7710-

One plus point is the ability to use the Flexcut range of blades- which I can use as a hand or a powered tool
cheers

I don't use them.

Proxxon do nice well put together kit in my experience. I find any bits I've used reliable, but it comes at a price. Is the Proxxon almost twice as good as the Skil? I doubt it but then I would also be of the idea that the Skil is overpriced compared to a chisel and mallet. :D

The Proxxon has a faster stroke rate of 1,000rpm but only has the one speed.
The Skil has a slower top speed but has a choice of 6,500, 7,500 and 8,500rpm.

I would pop over to a woodcarving forum as I bet they could give better advice.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE