Pouch Puzzle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Got a present from the better half this morning of a new water bottle, it's a 1.2L 'gym bottle' for those who want to rummage around ebay. Kind of like it, good size, wide screw top with drinking nozzle and grab handle. Just nests inside my billy-can that in turn currently rides in a PLCE canteen pouch. There's just one small thing niggling me about including it into my setup... the bottle is about an inch to tall so the lid flap will not secure down!
IMAG3585.jpgIMAG3586.jpg
Can anybody recommend a similar but slightly bigger pouch? Does not have to be milspec canvas, something lightweight in nylon would be ideal.
Failing that if somebody with time on their hands and a sewing machine wants an easy project...

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
dimentions of the bottle might help

maxpedititon do their bottle carrier in 2 sizes and there are a few copies out there

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Bottle dimensions are approximately those of a cylinder 115mm diameter by 240mm tall
alternatively for those over a certain age 4"17/32 by 9"26/64 will make perfect sense
and for those that feel comfortable with the engineering abomination that is Decimal Inches 4.52 x 9.44

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
The new osprey armour water bottle pouches have a QR clip rather than Spanish fly so there will be a bit of give in there, failing that there are a few companies that do the maxpedition style water bottle carrier that is a bit taller, it fits a volcano stove snugly to give you some idea of size.

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
Or cut a hole in the pouch lid.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done that in the past to feed a camlelback tube affair up the back of my armour, the edges of the cut can fray quite easily so it's worth hemming the hole with something, I used sniper tape as that's all we had available but something you could stitch in would be better.

Mulloch

Mar 24, 2019
UK
What about a 44 pattern Water bottle pouch, try google images. They are cotton, not Cordura and have a different fastening at the rear. Here is a modern take.
You could cut your pouch lid off/unpick the stitching and fasten a similar strap using the spanish buckle or use a male/female fastex 25mm with a strap. Have the female buckle at the top similar to a rucksack lid fastening. A local seamstress/saddlemaker could do the stiching if you dont do it yourself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE