Possibles Pouches - Where to buy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
I'm keen to get a possibles pouch for xmas. I've seen the one on the Bearclaw site for £55, and while I'm sure it's worth it (looks very well made) it's a bit too expensive for me to ask for.

So, are there any alternatives? I like the style, and leather would be good, but not essential. I like the look of the native American medicine bags/pouches too, but can't seem to track down a source (in the UK at least)

Any pictures and links would be greatly appreciated :biggthump

Hellz

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Pearce Tandy have some indian style bags, some with tassles, some without which might be what you're after.
Some of these are in kit form so you put it together yourself.

They're usually good value, I bought a pair of moccasin slippers from them a while ago in kit form for about £10.

I'm sure someone will have the phone number, I haven't got my catalogue with me at the moment.

Cheers

Mark

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I don't use a possibles pouch as such....I use a possibles bag! It's basically an old army napsack about a 1'x1'x 5" and made of canvas with a shoulder strap....it does me fine and cost about £4 from my local army surplus shop.
I've also got a nice trekking style one that I got for £10....

I'm going to take a few pics soon and put them up so you'll see what I mean.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Yer, that's pretty much the sort of thing I use although not as elaborate as some of those....mine's dead basic!
I got the idea from reading about North american Trappers/hunters etc...

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
bothyman said:
You could try putting " cartridge bag " in the Ebay search engine??

Just looked they may have something you like. :wave:
I can't believe I didn't think of that! I have a cartridge bag in storage, left over from my shotgun shooting days. I'll fish it out and see about addding some belt loops...

Or get one with them already attached for xmas...

genius, thanks :biggthump

Hellz

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Right...I've flooded the pics bit with photo's of my possibles bag and what i keep in it....

I don't always have that much in it...for example: I'd take out the catapult and ballbearings if I know I'm not going to be allowed to hunt etc....

Spare fags are very important to me and my harmoney with anyone else I meet!!!! :eek:):

Sorry to plaster my pics everywhere!

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
In Camden lock market by dingwalls (now lock No1) theres a army surplus stall at the bottom of the stairs, they sell leather belt pouches that would be perfect at 10 quid,just out of interest. Also if your after army kit from all over the world camden market is the place to go under the arches are some huge surplus places.

Oct 16, 2003
Surrey
I have a small leather pouch (bearclaw I think), but sometimes it is not big enough, particularly if I go out with my boys. There is a shop in Epsom which sells riding clothes etc and they have a traditional school uniform department. In that, I saw some traditional leather school satchels of two different sizes and instantly thought they would make excellent possibles bags. I need to go back and price them, but fear they could be expensive.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
I tend to go in for the current Gas mask pouch too. It has a shoulder strap aswell as a belt loop, a handy Phone sized pocket on the outside, aswell as a not so useful internal pocket. Capacity can be a Staggering 8 cans of stella ! :super: hic
The next pouch on my list is the one Stuart currently sports - a Maxpedition Roly Poly belt pouch, As the name suggests it can be folded and rolled up, to be a small "fag packet" size on your belt. Unroll it and stuff it with your forraged goodies, a few bunnies or in Stuarts case his Hennessy Hammock. It definetely is a possibles pouch, tucked out the way when not needed, but an instant volumous pouch at the pull of the velcro tab.
Its on my Christmas list....Please Santa. :roll: If you prefer something with a few compartments to keep your tat better organised, then there are a number of different shoulder and Waist bags further up Maxpeditions range. Ask Jack and Jamie (AKA Woodland Oorganics) for advice, as thes are their babies.
I know a person, who was very grateful to have had all their emergency kit well organised, and to hand in one of these pouches, when they were involved in a major road traffic accident. :wink:
Cheers
Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE