POSSIBLES POUCH

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Your review makes me realize how many duplications and redundancies I have made.
At the same time, I have to think how useful my kit needs to be to help someone else.

You remind me that I do not carry enough injury and first aid materials. Thanks.

Reactions: SCOMAN

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Yep me too. I had a quick review of my possibles bag. Although I made no changes, it reminded me to check use by dates particularly in the medical kit. I'm also now wondering about some duplications.

Which reminds me that you mention misleading your fire steel in at least two posts, Scoman. May I suggest you carry two? I have one in my possibles with my knife and another small one on my key ring with my SAK.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I need more tape and bandages. Tapes are crap here in freezing temperatures.
3M brought out a low temp duck tape. Must buy some = sticky below 0C.

Every September, I buy a dozen BIC butane cigarette lighters. I populate my various kits.
During the next 12 months, Mother Nature eats them. I quit smoking years ago. Maybe,
I care less about finding them now?

I have to carry wooden matches (or at least some dry twigs) to light the Coleman naptha stoves.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Yep me too. I had a quick review of my possibles bag. Although I made no changes, it reminded me to check use by dates particularly in the medical kit. I'm also now wondering about some duplications.

Which reminds me that you mention misleading your fire steel in at least two posts, Scoman. May I suggest you carry two? I have one in my possibles with my knife and another small one on my key ring with my SAK.

I know I found my fire steel on my desk in my study. Having learnt my lesson on Fundamental course I'm maxing out on them. Currently have one on my knife, one in my possibles (usually) and have a sparklight on my neck. When I'm out 'crafting' I carry a Woodlore leather pouch with a Leatherman signal (fire steel), matches in waterproof case and a fire steel. Lesson most definitely learnt!

Reactions: Robson Valley

srod

Forager
Feb 9, 2017
argyll
I normally carry a small drybag with the following thrown in, which serves as a very functional survival kit for my kayak/sail/hike/bike trips and expeditions, solo or with family.

Pack of pocket tissues.
Roll of electrical tape or small roll of gaffer tape.
Pack of paracetamol or ibuprofen.
Multi tool or small pocket knife.
Small head torch.
Butane lighter.
Zippo lighter.
Garmin Etrex10.
Foil blanket.
5g superglue.
A muesli bar or two or some boiled sweets.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I use a small drybag as a possibles pouch it's a luminous green so I can always find it instantly.. I keep my spare meds
spare firelighting kit.
Multitool.
Gaffa tape
sewing kit
spare cord
spare carbinas
Spare batteries
And a lot of other bits and bobs
It's a real treasure trove. I must sort it all out one evening.check everything is there still and see what needs replacing or renewing. Good reminder.

Reactions: SCOMAN

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE