Possibles Bag / Cartridge Bag

leon-1

Well this one has been a long time in the making, everytime I picked it up something went wrong and I would end up having to wait to finish it, but I think it has come out quite well.

The leather is antiqued 3.2mm apart from the lining of the shoulder strap which is from water buffalo hide, all fittings are brass and it has been stitched using a black 0.8mm braid. It has a couple of coats of resolene to make it water repellent, over which it has been polished. Dimensions are approx 8.5" (21.5cm) wide x 7.5" (19cm) high x 3" (7.5cm) deep.

A shot of the front.
frontmediumtt6.jpg

I put the Leatherman wave in there for scale. This gives a reasonable view of the front and side.

obliquemediumwo8.jpg

The final illustrates the rear and the shoulder strap.

rearandstrapfe6.jpg

Sorry about the photography, I am not very good at composing pictures:eek:

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Some real nice work that.
The more i see things like that the more i think i should have a go myself.
After a few years practice i may turn out something decent.
soloman.

leon-1

Very nice Leon
Who's it for?

Mark

It's not for anyone mate, it was a design that I was trying to work out as I keep on thinking about making a cartridge bag and never get round to it. Now that I am happy with the design I'll probably put piccies on my website.

This one is a one off though as I am having big difficulties getting anymore of this type of leather (I have enough for a possibles pouch left) so it's the first of it's kind and the last that will be made from these materials

soloman said:
Some real nice work that.
The more i see things like that the more i think i should have a go myself.
After a few years practice i may turn out something decent.
soloman.

Go on you know you want to and it doesn't take very long to get good at it:D:D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thats lovely Leon - whats the capacity 100 or so?

Have you thought of doing cartridge belts as well? I has Singteck do some slides for a while back but I'm toying with a new one soon since I broke down and bought a shotgun (still a rifle man first and foremost)

Red

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Your work never ceases to impress me, but with this you've excelled yourself mate.

Lovely. One day I'll have one off you - probably when the kids have left home.:rolleyes:

leon-1

Thats lovely Leon - whats the capacity 100 or so?

Have you thought of doing cartridge belts as well? I has Singteck do some slides for a while back but I'm toying with a new one soon since I broke down and bought a shotgun (still a rifle man first and foremost)

Red

Not having access to shotguns or firearms anymore Red I haven't had a chance to load it with cartridges, but if you class it as an internal size of 8 x 7 x 3 (3 is definitely what it will take as I did that on purpose to cater for upto 12 gauage 3 inch magnum cartridges) the 8x7 will give you a surface area of of 56 inches square and the approx size of a 12 gauge cartridge taking a surface area of 0.54 inches square yep it should take about 100 cartridges.

You have a good eye for that Red and the cartridge belts are something that I would look into as cartridge bags aren't everyone's cup of tea.

Your work never ceases to impress me, but with this you've excelled yourself mate.

Lovely. One day I'll have one off you - probably when the kids have left home.:rolleyes:

I could easily say the same of your good self, I was looking at those belts you had done the other week and they were very nice indeed. Fortunately I have no kids so I can indulge once in a blue moon;).

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
My guess was bit more "agricultural" - it looked like it would hold 4 boxes :eek:

3" magnum is just perfect too - just the chambering I selected last Saturday.

And with 100 shells I can reload 12 times :D

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Strictly DTL and falling steels. I really need to improve my shotgun shooting - its such a different sport to rifle!

leon-1

Hi leon,
that is nice.

Thanks, as I say it's taken a while to get it made.

Its a 7+1 in 3" mag - by Benelli (the M3 Super 90 )

I think the bag deserves more of a nice side by side in nice walnut though :D

Red

The last 12 gauges I had a chance to use were the Remington 870 Wingmaster and an older Browning similar to the fusion evolve that they currently market. Both were quite nice and the Remington was fitted with an extended tube as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE