pop up type tent.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ghound

Nov 10, 2012
doagh
I'm looking for a pop up type tent of decent quality, purpose, price etc but there seems to be a wash of cr4p ones out there, can anyone recommend one they use. It needs to fit a fat bloke and his two young kids:)

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Quechua tend to make the biggest ones - but none are great in windy weather. What's your budget - if it's quick pitch you're after have you considered an air beam tent?

ghound

Nov 10, 2012
doagh
Hi, i don't really have a budget, but i think if it was the right tent i would spend the money??
I don't want a big tent, just something quick and easy to work with that's not a ton weight to carry?

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
Quechua are ok tents for the money, more than ok in fact but if you want to do challenging camping in valleys etc then the vango range wins every time. I have the 2 man dart ds and the swift. The swift pop up is easily big enough for an adult and two kids, will try and find a piccy for you, used these for years in really bleak conditions and never been let down

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
Here you go, this is the swift

dera6uny.jpg

yse3ymy9.jpg

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
i have the halfords urban escape 2 man pop up tent its more a 1 man but for the money its double skinned ,got windows ,light loop and a couple of pockets,it was stable in wind(not hurricane strength mind) and more important its green ;) they also do 4 man versions.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Perhaps more than you need but these look rather nice
[video=youtube;O_06X3f-IcM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_06X3f-IcM[/video]

I've far more tents than I need but........ I like gizmos and gadgets so can see myself buying one for me and the memsahib :sigh:

bronskimac

Forager
Aug 22, 2011
Dundee
Quechua get my vote. I've used one in a fair wind and torrential rain with no problem, just use all the guy rope and tie it down well.

tenderfoot

Nomad
May 17, 2008
north west uk
Another vote for quechua .The midsized one has good shedding properties and decent ventilation.ours has stood up to some serious weather in alpine valleys in nasty weather :- rain hail sleet wind -just get some decent extra pegs
oh... and practice putting it away ...it takes practice to get the knack and the knack is easy to forget /hard to do in adverse conditions if your not slick at it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE