Polycoton Tarp Repair

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bizmarty

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2008
Under a Tree, UK
Hello,
I have a small 1-2 inch scag on a polycoton tarp, it is not holed but looks a lot thinner than the rest of the material due to a thread draging. What repair can you suggest? Patch or use some sort of sealant?

Thanks

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
for quickness a strip of duct tape (though you'll get sticky reside if you remove it).

you could patch it with similar material. ie cut a rectangle of fabric and sew it over the "scag".

or a smudge of sealant would work well but would look awful!:(

you could "glue" on a patch of fabric as above, but use sealant to fix it.

if it's in a useful place like dead centre :rolleyes: you could utilise it make a strong patch and add a tie up point!

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Use a piece of spare cotton to patch it ,or just sew it back up then (for both methods) use a seam sealer to cover the stitch holes.Make sure the sealer is dry before putting the tarp away.The seam sealer sould be applied in two coats,rub the first one in and allow to dry ,then apply a second coat over the first.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE