Pocket Tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Pocket Tarp.

A robust tarp in light olive cotton canvas, 280gsm, with 9 tie-outs.

2.4m x 1.5m (8ft x 5ft) 1.5kg

£45.00 to a UK address.

PT3_zpsfrtzybdh.jpg
PT2_zpsskqudjpi.jpg

Last edited:

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Out of curiosity, if this is a pocket tarp, how big a pocket would you need to carry it? Genuine question, because I have a synthetic tarp of the same dimensions and it still doesn't pack down small enough to go in most pockets, despite being almost certainly less bulky than this.

Not a criticism. I rather covet one of these myself and I already know the quality of your work. :)

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
adc6c604bc5d9d88492b320dbe7e615f.jpg

Harvestman just quickly took this photo SAK for reference oh and my size 11 foot?!

Hope this helps 👍

Sent from somewhere?

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
I've had it laid out on the floor already it is a thing of beauty 😉 "do it you know you want one" lol 😄

Sent from somewhere?

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
It is cotton tent canvas and has a water repellent treatment during manufacture. Eventually the fabric will wet out and the fibres will swell to make the close weave tighter still and maintain repellency. Cotton tents and tarps generally benefit from a a good soaking or two early on to tighten everything up, close needle holes etc.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I can attest to the water repellency of this material. I lived under my 3x3 tarp made by Bilmo for a few weeks in total last year. During that time we had rain most days(and i mean stair rod rain :) ) I and my kit was always dry under the tarp. It drys out very quickly and takes the punishment of being used roughly with out a tear. It's great kit.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Hi,

Sorry this is a late reply to an old thread. I understand that prices will have increased. I'm looking for a present for a keen scout daughter. I understand that it will be a new year rather than a Christmas gift now, but are there any still available?

All the best.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE