please help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PurpleHeath

Forager
Jan 5, 2005
West Sussex, England
hi, everyone.
if anyone remebers a while ago i posted a thread of bushcraft chatter that talked about walking form lands end to john'o' groats, well it seem like it is going ahead, me and woods wanders will be setting out from lands end on the 4th august and hopefully it will only take 9 weeks to arrive at john'o'groats. we are intending to raise as much money as we possible can for the national deaf childrens society. which helps deaf children learn and interact with other children.

anyway we would like your help, as a student the cost of buying equipment would be very expersive, unfortunately i only have just about enough money to make the journey. so to save money, if you have any of os landranger maps that you do not need or old ones that you have new versions of we would like to loan them for 6 months or happy to accept any donations. these are some of the numbers that we would like if poss. 203, 204, 200, 201, 191, 181, 182, 172.
thanks
PH
:You_Rock_ :You_Rock_

moko

Forager
Apr 28, 2005
out there
Sorry mate, I've had a look at my collection but dont have any spare of the OS maps you need. Buying this many maps is going to cost, I know it has taken me years and a small fortune to put my set together.....just wondered what you could down-load from the web. Also, all the national parks you walk through have info and freebees by the shed full.

Maybe someone else here could input some creative map finding ideas for both this project and others on a budget?

Good luck with your venture.

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
I don't have any of the maps you've specified, but I may be able to help you out shortly...

I'm about to buy a copy of Anquet Maps, which would give me the whole of the UK in OS 1:50,000 in digital format, and I could do you .pdf's of the whole of your route, burn them to CD/DVD and send them to you to print out yourself.

Would that help? :)

With luck I should have the software by next weekend - I'm sure that between then and August I could sort out whatever mapping you needed...?

ODG

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Retail price for the whole country is £165, but you can get it for £135 if you shop around. If you don't need the latest features (link to smartphones etc.) then the previous version can be had much cheaper.

You could try just buying the specific bits of the country you'd need for the walk, but it would probably be cheaper just to buy the whole country.. (sounds great doesn't it - 'I'll just buy the whole country...') :)

ODG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE