Pleanty of Group Buy Potential

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

benjamin.oneill

Forager
Jan 31, 2006
East Sussex, UK
I came across this website today, after reading a very boring thing about public sector procurment... work does pay off once in a while! All prices before VAT

http://www.fieldtextiles.co.uk/index.html

They supply army surplus stores and have some great deals. Of note:

Goretex Bivvy Bags, £15.

Norgie Tops £3.50 if bought in a pack of ten,

General Purpose Lightweight Trousers in packs of ten: £3.50 new, £3 grade 1 and £1.50 grade 2.

SAS/Para Windproof Trousers £10 in a pack of 10

85 pattern DPM Jacket £20 for 5

95 Ripstop £60 for 5

SAS Smock £75 for a pack of 5!

Wool grade 1 socks - olive £50 for 100 pairs

Royal Navy heavyweight wool £10 for 10, £20 for 10 knee legnth

MVP waterproof breathable socks £50 for 10

pattern 58 sleeping bags £50 for 5...

Mess Tins £20 for 10...

Also, a great looking 4man ridge tent for £100 and some handy looking big cannopies for groups/scouts etc...

I suppose the thing to do would be to organise group buys a few items at a time. Is anyone interested in anything in particular?

Ben

A useful site.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Worth knowing that if you click on "The Outdoor" on the left you will go to their retail site (single items, non-trade). I have used them in the past and they work out fine - shipping is £7.50 IIRC for most orders

Red

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
British Red said:
Worth knowing that if you click on "The Outdoor" on the left you will go to their retail site (single items, non-trade). I have used them in the past and they work out fine - shipping is £7.50 IIRC for most orders

Red

I've had nothing but bad experiences with "the-outdoor" personally.

Received the Wrong kit or wrong sizes, or massive waits only to then be sent the wrong size and kit

They also didnt refund on return and pretended that they had when i called them. Found them to be totaly unorganised and would personally not order from them again.

But maybe my orders with them are just one offs.

Sorry rant over.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I'd be up for a bivy bag as well if this went ahead we could also talk very nicley to Tony about using the BCUK name

James

outdoorcode

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 14, 2005
Halton West Uk
www.outdoorcode.co.uk
I have used them previously (about 8 times), if you ordered 20 bivvy bags, I would hazard a guess that at least 6 would serious have faults.. slashes, gaping holes, cig burns, tears are all fairly normal. I have never had an order on time, in fact I don't think any order has even been complete.... They have never rang me back either :(

benjamin.oneill

Forager
Jan 31, 2006
East Sussex, UK
mmmmm

sounds like these guys might not be worth working with...

Shame, the SAS smaocks seemed cheap and though it stated they'd seen heavy use, I figured a bit or darning was no bum deal for a £15 smock. I'm guessing then hard worn by their standards would signify a few ragged threads hanging off the hood :(

These guys hold governement contracts and are infact one of the biggest. Sounds like someone pulled a cushy deal and is abusing it a bit. What a shame.

Ben

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE