Plastic Sacks of Nastiness ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I recently purchased a couple of Czech M85 packs on the basis that they were the correct size, would repel water and were cheap. They're definitely function before form.

These packs are horrible.

Honestly ... they're truly awful!

Think cotton canvas with all of the vintage goodness removed ~ these packs are soul suckingly worse ...

And, in my opinion, whoever designed and signed off on them for use by the poor Czech squaddies must have had a serious issue(s) with regarding the comfort (or otherwise) of others.

No padding ~ at all!

BUT, for some gods-forsaken reason, I seem to have developed a soft spot for them :yikes: :eek: :sad6:

Perfect for a 9 meter Irwin Type I 32/Mk2 A parachute plus all of the rigging and perimeter ropes. Even wet, the 'chute fits with ease.

The main sack has a full depth pocket on the inner of each side. These pockets are where I keep the perimeter lines that I attach the 'chute lines to (idea via Mesquite). The two top flaps also have a pocket each ~ a set of tree huggers in one and a pair of carabiners in the other. This pic was taken without the inclusion of the main rigging line which sits on top of the 'chute.

The smaller bag holds the tie-outs (cut off to drying of the whole a whole lot quicker and easier), catty and a crab line with weight. The smaller pack fits nicely into the main pack between the top flaps and the lid flap.

The smaller pack has all the qualities of the main pack ;) . Inside the main compartment there are a three flimsy pouches. Two half width and one full width ~ hidden by the flap at the front in the pic below. As with the main pack each of the two fold over flaps has a simple pocket.

Let's not consider it a sin but a flaw :angel:

Thanks for taking the time to look and read through.

Please feel free to add your own guilty secret bit(s) of kit to the thread ;)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Sam's fault ... potential oil skin projects and all that crafty goodness :D

Czech M85 NBC pack with potential for stowing clothes (or tarp etc) flat ~ again the ability to pack modularly and to resist water were the prime motivators in its purchase. Suitability for purpose over riding aesthetics and all that :yuck:

Would make a nice bit of kit in canvas and leather ;)

Anyway Sam, the front:

The rear:

From the side:

With the front top and bottom flaps unfastened:

End view:

With side flaps unfastened:

I'm an XL and the pack's holding two basic sets of clothes ~ it's for lugging in a bike trailer so one set to change into once I arrive on site plus a spare set.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE