Plant ID: Tell me these are innocent plants!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
As for opium poppies, often wondered if they'd ever produce opium in the uk.

They do. Many years ago (1989) there was a drama on Channel 4 called Traffik. It was the story of struggling and poor farmers, to addiction to heroin and it’s ugliness in the western world.

Coincided with an unknowing local farmer at a place just up the road from us decided to go the green route and not use herbicides on his fields. Turns out that some of his south facing fields were used to produce opium and morphine for use as painkillers during WW2. Of course the long lasting seed loved this and instead of wheat he ended up with fields of multicoloured flowers. We were camping nearby and cut a lot of poppy heads one sunny morning and went back at the end of the day to get a little bit of dried sap. I don‘t know the legality of it, but it is possible. For what it’s worth it made us puke a lot.

Reactions: Toddy

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
I understand that in the EU it is legal to grow fiber hemp bred for very low THC. The problem seems to be that some outsider often puts in his own plants in the field and they are not legal.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE