Plant I.D please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Myself and Dark horse Dave went out for a little walk this after in epsom common, we took a few books for tree and plant ID and was learning different thing about nature as you do :)
We were looking at this big shrub with blossom all over it, we have come to an agreement it's blackthorn (sloe).
Can anyone confirm please?
ahemyqyr.jpg
u4e4ezu9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Anyone else think that looks incredibly hopeful for a bountiful harvest this year ? :D
I agree, it looks like Blackthorn to me too :)

cheers,
M

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its goig to be a stupendous year for prunus Mary - UNLESS there is a late frost - here's hoping!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Bring on the Bullace!........My favourite, and I reckon it's set fair for a record year..............Here's hoping!....:)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Ours is well in flower mac - but I scalped one in the Winter - I got sick of the fruit being 15' in the air. No fruit from that one this year :(

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
So does Damson :)

We have a Damson in the garden and I've never noticed that Steve - thanks for pointing it out.... Mind you, our Daffodils have only come into flower in the last five days and many other species are weeks or months behind the rest of the country, so maybe the affect is masked by all the other poorly timed blossoms and flowers.

Cheers

Ogri the trog

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Does Greengage ?
I've got four wee potted something plum or others and not a label among them :sigh: They were all weeded seedlings out of the garden. One of the joys of living under a mixed woodland :rolleyes:

Three are in flower just now though, and only one has thorns...I reckon that's the blackthorn. The other two :dunno:

atb,
M

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have a golden gage - its not flowering yet. Some cherries are, most plums, damsons and bullace and our blackthorn is starting to go over..but thats our place

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE