places in scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

waddcal

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2008
Solihull
i am going to trek around scotland in the summer with a friend, but i have no idea where to go, i would prefer to stick to the coast for most of the time, but i also want to go inland to climb a few munros as well. Any suggestions?

Callum.

May 13, 2009
West Lothian
You don't need to go inland to climb Munroes, Skye being a prime example where they rise almost out of the sea. There is a path round from Elgol into Loch Coruisk at the base of the Cuilins where you could easily camp and climb for a couple of days/nights and then carry on round to Glen Brittle.

I'd suggest starting in Oban and getting a ferry over to Mull, spend as long as you want in Mull, (Ben More is a Munroe) Then head north from Mull on the ferry to Lochaline and head on the road north west round the coast of Morven and continue on round to Loch Sunart then Ardnamurchan etc and go as far as you have time to travel.

Enjoy!

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
You don't need to go inland to climb Munroes, Skye being a prime example where they rise almost out of the sea. There is a path round from Elgol into Loch Coruisk at the base of the Cuilins where you could easily camp and climb for a couple of days/nights and then carry on round to Glen Brittle.

re: camping on/ near the beach at Elgol.

watch out for sheep and cows eating your kit, and be prepared to be kept awake all night by chattering seals. There's a great walk from Elgol through the glen to Sligachan.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE