Pipe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stingray

Feb 25, 2009
Kent
As I smoke a pipe I'm interested in any natural UK sources for things to stuff in it !
Preferably not the narcotic type.I know most of those.
Are there any natural things out there? that I can puff away on without killing myself (excuse the irony).
Regards..

Shredded willow bark, wild lettuce, raspberry leaves, the flowers of the lime tree. I've heard of honeysuckle leaves being used but not sure about that one(hence the name wild woodbine...) and a very good one is passion flower leaves. I've tried all of them except the honeysuckle.

Stingray

Feb 25, 2009
Kent
Thanks for the reply.I have a large passion flower in the garden.
Drying and preparation tips?
Wifey is currently upping the life insurance !

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Catnip is supposed to be good though I can't comment from personal experience since I've never smoked in my life. (My Mum died of cancer when I was fourteen, that kind of put me off the whole idea kind of permanently.)
I do know that in the past smoke was not considered to be a bad thing, but a useful thing. It preserved food and thatch, it killed insects and bacteria, discouraged animal attack and the like.

cheers,
Toddy

stijnb

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2008
nederland
Wild lettuce, catnip, passion flower and opium poppy can be smoked or made into something smokable...
There's tobacco-free shisha, dunno what they use instead of tobacco though..

Remember that some natural smokable herbs might be even worse for your health than tobacco, though there isn't done that much research about them.

I have smoked some herbal blend that contained Damiana, Skullcap, Wormwood, Wild Lettuce, Passion Flower and Valerian, it burns hotter than tobacco and i found it not so nice, might be better if you don't inhale it though. Like how you smoke a sigar.

I'd definetly like to read about any experiences.......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE