Pinewood Clothing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Got to go to Cheshunt tomorrow and thought about popping into the Bushcraft store to have a look at the Pinewood trousers they have on offer.

I've never seen this gear up close.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomteifi

Nomad
Jan 22, 2016
Carmarthenshire, South Wales
Hi

Got a Pinewood 'outdoor collection' green shirt two years back. 100% polyester, made in Sweden, just under £30 online. Its been a great shirt-wear it constantly. Quick wash weekly at 40Deg. Cannot fault it-buying another shortly. Sizing is spot on, very comfy. warm etc.

Tom.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Had a good look around the store. I was very impressed with the layout and stock. There was nothing wrong with the pinewood gear and I really fancied a pair of the foxer trousers. But in the end plumped for a pair of half price Fjallravens. Well worth the visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
I've got a few pairs of trousers and a shirt. Cracking kit at the price I got it off Amazon. Warm, well designed, good value and seems hard wearing (although I haven't hammered any of it lots).

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

pysen78

Forager
Oct 10, 2013
Stockholm
I've got a pair of pants from them since maybe 6-8 years. They keep going, but the flaps for tightening the legs are loosing their stretchiness. I do get the impression (from squeezing stuff in the store) that some of their stuff is a bit lower quality workmanship.
Probably they cut their prices by not so rigid quality control, which means you get some good stuff some bad stuff.

Jakata

Dec 16, 2009
Northampton
Got the grouse jacket as an outer layer, worn over a bog standard fleece. Can't really fault it for keeping the wind and damp out. Pockets could be better laid out for my uses but they can't cater for everyone. Also got a pair of mits/fingerless gloves, plenty warm enough for the UK. Reasonably good for gloves, they feel well made.

At the end of the day, for the money they do a job. It was either that jacket for £70 (half price at the moment) or spending a hell of a lot more on something that may well be better, I am only really a weekend bushcrafter so it suits me just fine.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE