Pillow Talk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

After being dropped on my head once too often i now have a neck injury.

My chiropractor advises against camping. Obviously I am not going to stop therefore I need some advice on how to stay lightweight and keep my aching neck in a fairly neutral postion. I have experimented with my duvet jacket as a pillow but that made the pain worse and at £30 a torture session i mean chiropractor session they don't come cheap.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
Airplane/Bus/Train travelers user an inflatable open ended doughnut collar that supports their heads would this be acceptable? Or a short roll of closed cell foam in the proper dia.
just a thought

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
take a pillow case (or large stuff bag) and stuff your clothes into it (thats my bit of luxury)

And I know this sounds crazy but use a Hammock, go to the hennesy hammock website and read the feedback from people suffering with chronic back pain

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Stuarts advice about the hammock is sound, I know people that have started using the hammock because they have back pain. I had a really bad car accident 2 years ago and I still suffer from bad back and neck problems, I never get them after being in my hammock :wink:

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
I have the same problems, last year I bought one of those inflatable pillows that pack down small once you get the pressure right it works wonders, best nights sleep in ages, weird feeling waking up and realising you are not in pain.
I could never get a good nights sleep stuffing my clothes in a bag.

jakunen

Native
My local Asda store has started stocking some 'camping' equipment, most of which is 'the kids are in the garden' type of stuff, but they have a micro pillow (25cm by 28cm?) for £3.56.
Comes in a small stuff-sac a bit fatter than a coke bottle.
Now staying in my rucksack.

jakunen

Native
Well they do say the day you stop learn is the day you're dead... :lol:

Just for your info, I have a SERIOUSLY wrecked back (fell down a cliff on exercise...), and hammocks give great support. Just remember to use a thermarest or something to prevent any chill...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE