Pig killing process.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spartacus

Forager
Sep 10, 2010
Bulgaria
Hello everyone, I said quite a while ago I would post pictures of the whole pig killing process. Well I'm finally getting round to it,lol. I'm stuck in Germany for a bit after a car crash. No-one hurt fortunately so I have some rare spare time. I've put the set on Flckr so all I have to do is figure out how to get it on here lol. I'll figure it out and edit this post shortly.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john_cree/
Cracked it,lol. I'm so dumb at times (before anyone else says it).

Well people this is part one, I'm at my limit on flickr for this month. I'll be adding descriptions in time. In the meantime if anyone has any questions please feel free to fire away.

Best regards, John

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
My great grandad used to keep and slaughter pigs in Sharlston. Apparently it was quite a big thing, the village would go and watch when "Moore was slaughtering his pigs", this was back in the 20's.
From what I've been told the process was very similar to your photos. :thumbup:

touched by nature

spartacus

Forager
Sep 10, 2010
Bulgaria
It is onion and leek and some of the lesser cuts of meat minced up, salt and pepper. Different folk have variations. Thanks for looking.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE